With a limited number of pigments, you’ll learn to paint miniature landscapes giving a sense of place in your journal. You will learn the basics of how to create depth quickly and accurately using Kristin’s teaching aids which will give you hands-on experience in creating a memory of the day in your journal. Individual landscape elements will be presented giving students practice before venturing into the wild. The compact kit which includes the palette and paints, a journal, a waterbrush and special pencils provides you with all you need to nurture a wonderful nature journaling experience. With luck we will experience the fun of sketching and painting sea elephants on the beach beneath the Historic Lifeboat Station where we will be staying Friday and Saturday nights.
-If you have any special circumstances or questions, please contact us at email@example.com.
-Art Kits built by instructor included in fee
This class will be instructed by Kristin Meuser. Click here to read a bio!
-We will be meeting at the Historic Lifeboat Station, GPS available upon registration
- Please arrive 10-15 minutes early to check in
- Refunds available for all classes 7 days in advance of the start date.
- Please follow the parking instructions for the facility used that day
- Please provide an email you check regularly for updates and reminders about your class
- Registration is required online prior to the event in order to maintain class sizes
- Sales end 48 hours before the start date.
- Waitlists are available if needed and go 10 participants deep
- Dinner will be provided via a potluck which you may sign up for one week before class Here
- Click Here to view the facility and plan your weekend stay
What to Bring:
Warm Variable Weather Clothing
Notebook and Pen/Field Journal
Eventbrite Confirmation Email
Art Kits built by instructor included in fee
Addtional coloring kits are welcome
About the PRNSA Field Institute:
The PRNSA Field Institute offers hands-on environmental education classes throughout the year that foster enjoyment of Point Reyes National Seashore. Our classes are led by expert instructors, who take you out of your everyday life and into the natural world. We host a variety of classes about the arts and sciences and have something for everyone. You can reach the Field Institute at (415) 663-1200 x307 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Interested in becoming a member of PRNSA? Click Here!
Interested in becoming a PRNSA Field Institute facilitator? Want to take classes for FREE while helping out a great cause? Give us a call!
Are you an outdoor educator or artist who would like to teach a PRNSA Field Institute class? Shoot us an Email!