Grab your camera and come explore the magnificent natural wonders of Point Reyes National Seashore. This class will turn a photographic eye toward the natural beauty that helps define what people think of when they experience Point Reyes, from steep and rugged coastal cliffs, sandy beaches, coastal lagoons, estuaries, rolling hills, forests, and incredibly scenic vistas. This class will help photographers to hone their vision and photographic techniques while shooting in a wide variety of locations and conditions. Gary will give presentations focused on shooting different types of landscapes and locations under different lighting, as well as discussing things like exposure and composition, as well as on processing images. Gary will spend time in the field demonstrating his own techniques for looking at a scene and selecting ideal compositions, etc. as well as working closely with participants as a group and individually. The workshop concludes with what many photographers consider to be one of the most valuable aspects of the class, which is a review of each participant’s images shot over the course of the weekend.
-If you have any special circumstances or questions, please contact us at email@example.com.
-Full and up-to-date details available on registration page, use link below.
-We will be meeting at the Historic Chief's House, GPS available upon registration
- Please arrive 10-15 minutes early to check in
- Refunds available for all classes 7 days in advance of the start date.
- Please follow the parking instructions for the facility used that day
- Please provide an email you check regularly for updates and reminders about your class
- Registration is required online prior to the event in order to maintain class sizes
- Sales end 48 hours before the start date.
- Waitlists are available if needed and go 10 participants deep
- Dinner will be provided via a potluck which you may sign up for one week before class Here
- Click Here to view the facility and plan your weekend stay
What to Bring:
Warm Variable Weather Clothing
Notebook and Pen/Field Journal
Eventbrite Confirmation Email
Laptop with editing software downloaded
About the PRNSA Field Institute:
The PRNSA Field Institute offers hands-on environmental education classes throughout the year that foster enjoyment of Point Reyes National Seashore. Our classes are led by expert instructors, who take you out of your everyday life and into the natural world. We host a variety of classes about the arts and sciences and have something for everyone. You can reach the Field Institute at (415) 663-1200 x307 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Interested in becoming a member of PRNSA? Click Here!
Interested in becoming a PRNSA Field Institute facilitator? Want to take classes for FREE while helping out a great cause? Give us a call!
Are you an outdoor educator or artist who would like to teach a PRNSA Field Institute class? Shoot us an Email!