Without the distraction of color you can make powerful images that reveal the essence of a landscape; with the unique tonal palette of B&W infrared you can often transform a good landscape into something absolutely magical. Even color shooters can learn a lot from black and white. We'll cover the fundamentals of good composition with lessons from the masters, techniques for seeing with fresh eyes and finding great landscapes, conventional and infrared digital capture and conversion from RAW files, critique some of your previous work, and finish by photographing a beautiful beach at minus tide near sunset. We’ll begin at the Red Barn classroom and later shoot on a beach to be chosen based on weather.
-If you have any special circumstances or questions, please contact us at email@example.com.
-Full and up-to-date details available on registration page, use link below.
-We will be meeting at the Red Barn Classroom, GPS available upon registration
- Please arrive 10-15 minutes early to check in
- Refunds available for all classes 7 days in advance of the start date.
- Please follow the parking instructions for the facility used that day
- Please provide an email you check regularly for updates and reminders about your class
- Registration is required online prior to the event in order to maintain class sizes
- Sales end 48 hours before the start date.
- Waitlists are available if needed and go 10 participants deep
What to Bring:
See registration page for full packing list. Use the link below.
About the PRNSA Field Institute:
The PRNSA Field Institute offers hands-on environmental education classes throughout the year that foster enjoyment of Point Reyes National Seashore. Our classes are led by expert instructors, who take you out of your everyday life and into the natural world. We host a variety of classes about the arts and sciences and have something for everyone. You can reach the Field Institute at (415) 663-1200 x307 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Interested in becoming a member of PRNSA? Click Here!
Interested in becoming a PRNSA Field Institute facilitator? Want to take classes for FREE while helping out a great cause? Give us a call!
Are you an outdoor educator or artist who would like to teach a PRNSA Field Institute class? Shoot us an Email!