Learn about the plate tectonics of the Farallon and North American plates and the world-famous exposures of pillow basalts, folded ribbon cherts, and mélange of the Franciscan Complex. Find out about Ice Age cycles, sea-level changes, and the evolution of San Francisco Bay. Hike about 4 miles at Kirby Cove, Point Bonita lighthouse, and Rodeo Beach.
-If you have any special circumstances or questions, please contact us at email@example.com.
-Full and up-to-date details available on registration page, use link below.
-We will be meeting at the Battery Spencer Parking Lot in the Marin Headlands, GPS available upon registration
- Please arrive 10-15 minutes early to check in
- Refunds available for all classes 7 days in advance of the start date.
- Please follow the parking instructions for the facility used that day
- Please provide an email you check regularly for updates and reminders about your class
- Registration is required online prior to the event in order to maintain class sizes
- Sales end 48 hours before the start date.
- Waitlists are available if needed and go 10 participants deep
What to Bring:
Warm Variable Weather Clothing
Notebook and Pen/Field Journal
Eventbrite Confirmation Email
About the PRNSA Field Institute:
The PRNSA Field Institute offers hands-on environmental education classes throughout the year that foster enjoyment of Point Reyes National Seashore. Our classes are led by expert instructors, who take you out of your everyday life and into the natural world. We host a variety of classes about the arts and sciences and have something for everyone. You can reach the Field Institute at (415) 663-1200 x307 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Interested in becoming a member of PRNSA? Click Here!
Interested in becoming a PRNSA Field Institute facilitator? Want to take classes for FREE while helping out a great cause? Give us a call!
Are you an outdoor educator or artist who would like to teach a PRNSA Field Institute class? Shoot us an Email!