Point Reyes volunteers play an essential role in promoting park stewardship, restoring habitat, monitoring special status species and educating visitors. Volunteering is a great way to learn more about the Seashore, go behind the scenes, and connect with others who love and care for Point Reyes. Point Reyes National Seashore Association (PRNSA) and the National Park Service (NPS) offer an variety of daylong to long-term volunteer opportunities. Please join us!
Every July, PRNSA and the NPS host the Volunteer Appreciation Picnic at the Bear Valley Picnic Area to honor and celebrate our fabulous volunteers and their many accomplishments.
Current Volunteer Opportunities
- Field Institute Class Facilitators assist instructors with class preparation, set-up, welcoming and supporting participants.
- Special Event Volunteers assist coordinators with event preparation, set-up, breakdown and lead nature hikes, tours and special programs.
- PRNSA office volunteers assist with filing, database management, mailings, writing, editing and program promotion.
- National Park Service volunteers assist park staff with a variety of tasks from pulling invasive plants to monitoring special status species to helping with visitor services.
Contact our Volunteer Coordinators for more information:
Point Reyes National Seashore Association
- Jessica Taylor, Annual Gifts Manager
(415) 663-1200 x 304
- Marc Matheson, Development Associate
(415) 663-1200 x 310
National Park Service Volunteer Opportunities
View NPS volunteer opportunities
- Doug Hee, National Park Service Volunteers-In-Parks Manager, Point Reyes National Seashore