Point Reyes Nature Science Camp is designed to inspire young people to explore, discover, and connect with themselves, each other, and the natural world in the unparalleled beauty of Point Reyes National Seashore.
Camp programs combine outdoor adventuring with the best environmental education techniques, marine and coastal field excursions, and traditional summer camp activities to create an unforgettable camp experience.
Our hand-picked staff of professional naturalists and experienced counselor intern naturalists have a well-earned reputation for creating exceptional adventure learning within a community of loving support.
SUMMER 2015 SESSIONS, DATES & FEES
For ages 10 to 12
Monday through Friday
Session 1: June 22-26, $700
Session 2: June 29-July 3, $700
For ages 9 to 11
Monday through Friday
Session 4: July 13-17, $700
Session 5: July 20-24, $700
Session 8: August 10-14, $700
For ages 7 to 9
Tuesday through Friday
Session 7: August 4-7, $560
Online registration is OPEN.
Full payment is required upon registration.
Please Note: Point Reyes Summer Camp sessions are optimally designed for the stated age groups. Please do not register your child in a session for which they are not eligible. Any child enrolled in a session for which they are not age-appropriate will be dropped from the program and a $50 processing charge will be retained.
Supervision, instruction, accommodation, food, equipment, supplies, and a camp t-shirt are included in the registration fee. Transportation to and from camp is not included.
NATURE SCIENCE CAMP ACTIVITIES
In addition to enjoying traditional camp activities including group games, storytelling, crafting, and campfires, Nature Science campers help create their own schedule by choosing from a variety of activities and expeditions like these:
- Abbotts Adventure – Coastal lagoon exploration via canoe
- Animal Detectives – Discovery-based tracking adventure
- Backpacking – Overnight at Coast Camp with backpacking gear & equipment provided
- Biological Illustration – Nature drawing taught by renowned artist Ane Carla Rovetta
- Bird Nation – Observing & learning about local birds with biologists from Point Blue Conservation Science (formerly Point Reyes Bird Observatory)
- Botany Bonanza – Exploring, learning, and practicing uses of native plants
- Downhill Hike – Discovering the ecology of fire
- Earth Art – Andy Goldsworthy-inspired art creating
- Epic Estero Expedition – Bird watching & wildlife viewing at Drake's Estero
- Farm to Fork – Meeting a local organic farmer, touring the farm, sampling produce, & harvesting veggies for dinner
- First People – Visiting the Kule Loklo Coast Miwok Cultural Exhibit
- Marvelous Marsh – Ecology & wildlife study at Limantour Estero salt marsh
- Mountain Madness – Expedition to the summit of Mount Wittenberg, the highest peak in Point Reyes
- Meet the Giants – Taking a trip to the old growth redwoods at Samuel P. Taylor State Park
- Sea Lion & Surf – Viewing & learning about elephant seals & a backstage tour of Point Reyes Historic Lighthouse
- Tomales Bay Explorers – World-class tidepooling in the cleanest bay in California
- Trekkin' to the Point – Tracking, viewing, & observing Point Reyes' tule elk herd
- Wilderness Skills – Learning wilderness skills including making fire with a bow drill