Rooting for the Rut
The Tule Elk of Point Reyes National Seashore have been getting bigger and healthier every year. During their mating season, also known as the rut, the bulls will show a wide range of displays for potential mates. This is a great opportunity to see nature at its finest as we see elk run, bugle, play, and even collide. Join PRNSA staff to see this amazing seasonal event with your friends and family. We will have binoculars and scopes for you to get the best view. We will meet at the Pierce Point Ranch Parking lot and will be hiking on the Tomales Point Trail to see as many elk as we can throughout the day. Seats are limited so sign up today!
- Please arrive 10-15 minutes early to check in
- Parking is free at Pierce Point Ranch
- The hike at tomales point will be dependent on the elk, expect anywhere between 4-8 kilometers "moderate"
- Please provide an email you check regularly for updates and reminders about your class
- Registration is required online in advance of the event, there is no day of registration
- Sales end 48 hours prior to the event
- In order to keep these events free or low-cost, a $10 donation is suggested and greatly appreciated.
What to Bring:
Warm variable weather clothing
Large water bottle
Watch or other time tracking device
Good Attitude (Not Optional)
10:00 am - Arrive at Tomales Point Trailhead
10:15 am - Check in and Safety Circle
10:30 am - Begin our hike
12:00 pm - Lunch break
12:45 pm - Hike back to Tomales Point Trailhead
2:00 pm - Ending seminar
2:30 pm -Goodbyes
Get to the Point:
Point Reyes National Seashore Association is proud to host Get to the Point,a series of free and low-cost events for young adults and families interested in exploring the National Seashore in a new way. Every program is designed to be both educational and entertaining for adults and children. You can register for events on our website at ptreyes.org. For any questions about current or future events, please email email@example.com, or call at 415-663-1200, ext. 307.
In order to keep these events free or low-cost, a $10 donation is suggested and greatly appreciated.