Ain't No Pool Party like a Tide Pool Party
Tidepooling is a rare activity and one of the best to do in Point Reyes National Seashore. Come explore some of the park’s secret wonders, and have a close up view of marine life in the many tidepools on Sculptured Beach. The Point Reyes National Seashore Association will guide you from the Laguna Trailhead to Sculptured beach for some of the best tidepools in the park. We only have a small window of opportunity so please arrive promptly and be ready for a diffucult hike at a fast pace. Come and be amazed by the biodiversity found in one of the most productive ecosystems in the world.
- Tidepooling is a rare event with a small window of opportunity, please arrive 10-15 minutes early to check in and be fully prepared to leave right away
- The hike that day is considered a difficult at a total of 10 kilometers, please come fully prepared with extra water, snacks and and lunch and be ready for a fast tough hike with amazing rewards.
- Please follow the parking instructions for the facility being used that day
- Please provide an email you check regularly for updates and reminders about your class
- Registration is required online in advance of the event, there is no day of registration
- Sales end 48 hours prior to the event
- In order to keep these events free or low-cost, a $10 donation is suggested and greatly appreciated.
What to Bring:
Warm variable weather clothing
Large water bottle
Watch or other time tracking device
Notepad and pen
Good Attitude (Not Optional)
10:00 am - Arrive at Laguna Trailhead Parking lot, Introductions and safety circle
10:15 am - Hike to Sculptured Beach
11:20 am- Arrive at Sculptured Beach and begin tidepooling (review safety protocol and Tidepooling behavior)
12:30 pm - Lunch on the beach
1:00 pm- Science Seminar
1:30 pm- Hike back to Laguna Trailhead
3:00 pm - Goodbyes
Get to the Point:
Point Reyes National Seashore Association is proud to host Get to the Point, a series of free and low-cost events for young adults and families interested in exploring the National Seashore in a new way. Every program is designed to be both educational and entertaining for adults and children. You can register for events on our website at ptreyes.org. For any questions about current or future events, please email firstname.lastname@example.org, or call at 415-663-1200, ext. 307.
In order to keep these events free or low-cost, a $10 donation is suggested and greatly appreciated.