Come behold the beauty of what lives in the intertidal zone. Exploring Duxbury Reef at low tide will reveal the diversity of life that thrives in this dynamic space between land and ocean. Sea stars, giant green anemone, and purple sea urchins are just a few of the species we'll expect to see on this morning expedition.
-Youth, ages 12 and up, are welcome with adult supervision.
-Class activities will be physically demanding
-If you have any special circumstances or questions, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
This class will be instructed by Andrea Freeman. Click here to read her bio!
- Please arrive 10-15 minutes early to check in
- Please follow the parking instructions for the facility used that day
- Please provide an email you check regularly for updates and reminders about your class
- Registration is required online prior to the event in order to maintain class sizes
- Sales end 48 hours before the start date.
- If sales have ended, and the class is not yet full, and you would like to attend, please contact us
What to Bring:
Warm Variable Weather Clothing
Appropriate Footwear (for wet and slippery conditions)
Towel & Sunscreen
Notebook and Pen
Eventbrite Confirmation Email
About the PRNSA Field Institute:
The PRNSA Field Institute offers hands-on environmental education classes throughout the year that foster enjoyment of Point Reyes National Seashore. Our classes are led by expert instructors, who take you out of your everyday life and into the natural world. We host a variety of classes about the arts and sciences and have something for everyone. You can reach the Field Institute at (415) 663-1200 x307 or by email at email@example.com.
Interested in becoming a PRNSA Field Institute facilitator? Want to take classes for FREE while helping out a great cause? Give us a call!
Are you an outdoor educator or artist who would like to teach a PRNSA Field Institute class? Shoot us an Email!