Look for seals, sea lions, and even a rare whale or sea otter on this kayaking exploration to where Tomales Bay opens to the Pacific Ocean. Lunch on a remote beach may include tide pooling, photography, or hiking to look for Tule Elk.
Location: Once you have registered, you will receive a confirmation email with directions to the meeting location!
-This will be a vigorous activity.
-This is a kayaking event. Youth, ages 13 and up, are welcome with adult supervision. Check out our partners at Blue Waters Kayaking!
-If you have any special circumstances or questions, please contact us at email@example.com.
Class Cancelation Policy: If a registered participant wishes to cancel their enrollment and receive a refund, notification must be received at least 14 days in advance of the class date. No refunds will be issued for enrollment cancellations made less than 14 days in advance of the class date. Class enrollment fees are non-transferable. PNRSA Field Institute classes are generally run rain or shine, though will follow National Park Service weather and road advisories to ensure that classes only run in safe conditions. In the event that the PRNSA Field Institute cancels a class for any reason, participants will receive a full refund of class fees.
What to Bring:
Come prepared for variable weather. Bring clothes that reflect your degree of sensitivity to heat or cold.
* Sunscreen & lip balm
* Hat with sun visor
* Wool or fleece hat (for cold days)
* Water bottle
* Shorts or baggy pants that can be rolled up to your knees are best for paddling
* Shoes you don’t mind getting wet such as Teva type river sandals, wetsuit booties, or aqua socks
* Tennis shoes with wool socks or rubber boots are good in cool weather
* Waterproof jacket
* Wool, capilene, poly pro, or some other synthetic long sleeve, long underwear shirt that will keep you warm when it is wet (Cotton or cotton blend clothing retains water and will keep you cold if it becomes wet)
* Pile or fleece pullover or a wool sweater
* Change of clothes, including dry shoes
* Lunch – if possible, bring picnic items that you can share with other people