Paint outdoor studies of the Seashore at Drakes Bay. Compose sand and surf and add birds, starfish and what you find in nature to enhance your paintings. Bring your favorite medium: watercolors, oils, or acrylics. All abilities welcome. Joan demonstrates and adds insightful critiques.
- Accommodations included at the Historic Lifeboat Station.
- Youth, age 12 or above, are welcome with adult supervision
This class will be instructed by Joan Hoffman. Click here to read her bio!
- Please arrive 10-15 minutes early to check in
- Please follow the parking instructions for the facility used that day
- Please provide an email you check regularly for updates and reminders about your class
- Registration is required online prior to the event in order to maintain class sizes
- Sales end 48 hours before the start date.
- If sales have ended, and the class is not yet full, and you would like to attend, please contact us
- Click here to review the Facility being used for the evening
What to Bring:
Overnight Gear (Toiletries, sleeping bag/linens and blanket)
Warm Variable Weather Clothing
Notebook, Pen and painting supplies
Eventbrite Confirmation Email
Food for the weekend (Saturday dinner will be a vegetarian potluck - a sign-up link will be provided)
About the PRNSA Field Institute:
The PRNSA Field Institute offers hands-on environmental education classes throughout the year that foster enjoyment of Point Reyes National Seashore. Our classes are led by expert instructors, who take you out of your everyday life and into the natural world. We host a variety of classes about the arts and sciences and have something for everyone. You can reach the Field Institute at (415) 663-1200 x307 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Interested in becoming a PRNSA Field Institute facilitator? Want to take classes for FREE while helping out a great cause? Give us a call!
Are you an outdoor educator or artist who would like to teach a PRNSA Field Institute clas