This class will focus on observing different qualities of light and color in nature and how they translate into painting. Reflected light in shadow, atmospheric color and light, time of day, and a breakdown of the behavior of light on water are some of the topics that will be discussed and demonstrated. Accommodations included at the Historic Lifeboat Station.
-If you have any special circumstances or questions, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
This class will be instructed by Bill Cone! Click here to read his bio.
- Please arrive 10-15 minutes early to check in
- Please follow the parking instructions for the facility used that day
- Please provide an email you check regularly for updates and reminders about your class
- Registration is required online prior to the event in order to maintain class sizes
- Sales end 48 hours before the start date.
- If sales have ended, and the class is not yet full, and you would like to attend, please contact us
- Dinner will be provided via a potluck which you may sign up for here
- Click here to review the Facility being used for the evening
What to Bring:
Overnight Gear (Toiletries, sleeping bag/linens and blanket)
Rain Gear (if needed)
Warm, Variable Weather Clothing
Notebook and Pen
Eventbrite Confirmation Email
Food for the weekend (By tradition, Saturday dinner will be a vegetarian potluck - a sign-up link will be provided)
About the PRNSA Field Institute:
The PRNSA Field Institute offers hands-on environmental education classes throughout the year that foster enjoyment of Point Reyes National Seashore. Our classes are led by expert instructors, who take you out of your everyday life and into the natural world. We host a variety of classes about the arts and sciences and have something for everyone. You can reach the Field Institute at (415) 663-1200 x307 or by email at email@example.com.
Interested in becoming a PRNSA Field Institute facilitator? Want to take classes for FREE while helping out a great cause? Give us a call!
Are you an outdoor educator or artist who would like to teach a PRNSA Field Institute class? Shoot us an Email!